My life is full of road trips and adventures. I’m always on the go. It’s just my kind of lifestyle. This week I teamed up with Subaru to take my sense of adventure to a whole new level in the 2017 Subaru Impreza. It was an absolute adventure and I truly loved every mile!
The Impreza took me everywhere I needed and wanted to be. I drove this car about 1000 miles total in one week! I drove to work, took the kids to their first movie in the theaters, to SoBe Ocean Drive, watched the sunrise on the East Coast, drove through small town USA, into the city skylines of Miami, beside downtown Orlando, through a southern style Magnolia filled Port Orleans resort, and lastly to the magical castles of the family theme parks! Then, at the end of the week, the Subaru Impreza finally delivered us back home safely to the vibrant Miami Beach, Florida.
The Impreza really worked for me as a daily automobile AND a road trip car! It is comfortable but sturdy. It is luxurious with leather interior but it also has a sturdy 4 wheel drive. It is kind of the best of both worlds.
*My only concern/complaint about the car was that it was a little small for us. Not unbearable, bit it DID feel a little cramped with luggage, 2 bulky car seats and a husband who is 6 foot 6 in. (But let’s remember there are two bigger vehicles/SUVs made by Subaru: The Forester and The Outback.)
I have so much to say about my experiences this past week. So in this post I want to take you on a tour of the car itself and how it worked for me. (My next post will be about all the fun places that the Subaru Impreza took me and my family.)
Let’s get to the the nitty gritty. The 2017 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Sport is a sedan. It has 152 horsepower (why do we still measure in horses?) aka 6,000 rpm. It has a huge 12 cu ft. trunk (big enough to dump a stroller & weekend luggage), keyless push button start, power moonroof (sun roof), 13.2 galloon tank that gets about 30-32 miles to the gallon (I tested it). It’s also a smart car with tons of multimedia Apps (Apple Carplay, Android Auto, Pandora, iHeart Radio, Calendar, News, Weather, SiriusXM, STARLINK, and so much more!)
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Thankfully I did not have to use this feature!
- Adaptive Cruise Control: This incredible feature, when turned on, will keep you as certain distance from the car in front of you. It will also automatically speed up when the car in front of you does! It came in handy during rush hour in Miami!
- Automation Pre-Collision Braking, Lane Departure/Sway Warning with Lane Keep Assist: The car will literally stop for you. When you veer off from the lane, without turning your signal on, it beeps politely. Now when you turn on the Lane Keep Assist it literally keep your car between the lanes. You don’t have to touch the steering wheel, it keep you inside your lane! It’s magic.
- Blink Spot detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert: The side mirrors have a light that stays lit as long as someone is beside you or in your blind spot. It’s not distracting but you will notice it. It was very helpful.
- Total of 7 airbags: It’s the mental sigh of relief that you want but don’t want to use!
- Rear-Vision Camera: My last 2 cars have had a rear view cameras. This is the biggest rear view camera I have ever used. It was very helped. The picture stayed clear even on foggy mornings and while it was raining.
- Incline Start Assist: This allows you to stop on an incline or hill without significant rolling back.
- 4-wheel drive – You can feel the difference as you maneuver the roads. I drove in the rain and on the beach. I felt very “sturdy”.
Overall, I felt very safe driving this car and strapping my kids in it. I felt pampered with the leather wrapped steering wheel and modern design. The Apple Carplay was one of the favorite features. It would read me my text messages and voice text back. It connected via bluetooth and let me call/play music without using my hands or eyes. I was able to concentrate on driving while blasting some tunes! SAFELY! The outside design is very chic, just a touch different from all the sedans out there. I loved the precious week I had with the Subaru Impreza. Thank you Subaru!
Stay tuned for my next post…..
I’ll show you how the Subaru Impreza also makes for a good ADVENTURE-mobile!
What’s Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads.
I’m hoping to contribute & assist different users like its helped me.
Under Counter Tv Comparison
Excellent way of explaining, and good post to get data about my
presentation topic, which i am going to convey in college.
Dose Of Inspiration246
What an amazing opportunity! Your review was thorough and the car looks amazing.
You sure know what you’re talking about. Everyone is going to soon be visiting your site.
I blog frequently and I truly thank you for your information. This
article has really peaked my interest. I will book mark your
website and keep checking for new details about
once a week. I subscribed to your RSS feed
This is a topic which is close to my heart… Take care!
Exactly where are your contact details though?
Excellent way of explaining, and fastidious paragraph to
get facts about my presentation focus, which i am going to deliver in school.
Great post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject?
I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further.