Are you planning on selling your home in the near future? If so, it is always a good idea to make some changes to increase the value of your property and encourage a quicker sale. However, you should not just make changes aimlessly; you need to have a plan in place, and you need to be aware of the changes that are really going to drive value. With that in mind, read on to discover some of the best ways to add value to your property.
- Bring the outdoors in – Not literally, but it is a good idea to make your garden enjoyable and accessible from the property. There are numerous ways you can do this, including adding a conservatory or investing in glass doors. Outdoor lighting is also a must. Another option to consider is installing decking. You should view your garden as another room, somewhere to sit and relax. By adding decking to your outdoor area, you can increase the value by about two per cent.
- Invest in your bathroom – Your bathroom is a room that is worth giving a bit of TLC too. The secret is to keep things simple. You don’t need to do excessive amounts with the room. It is all about the features that you put in. Some good options include installing a glass door or a glass screen instead of a shower curtain, a power shower, a big new shower, a heated chrome towel rail, and a set of new taps.
- Add a new roof – Companies such as America’s Choice Roofing have advanced roofing systems in place, which can make your home a lot easier to sell. There are many reasons why a new roof will make your property more attractive, including energy efficiency, curb appeal, and longevity. Buyers will be willing to pay more, as you are saving them a lot of money in the long run by adding a new roof.
- Refurbish the front door – Does your front door look smart? If not, make some changes. Of course, you could invest in a new door altogether, or you could buy a stainless steel house number, a brass letterbox, and a new doorknob. This is more important than you may realize. After all, your front door is likely to be the first thing potential buyers see when they approach your house, and you know what they say; you don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.
- Pave over the front garden – If you live in an area where parking space is a premium, you can considerably increase the value of your property by paving over the front garden. This will enable you to add thousands to the asking price. You may be worried about this ruining the image of your home, but you can keep flowerbeds to ensure there is some aesthetic appeal and color.
So there you have it; five easy ways to add some serious value to your property before you put it on the market. These changes can drive a higher price while encouraging a quicker sale.