Last year I moved to south beach and fell in love! Its been a wonderful choice for me, my husband and two children. Forget everything you’ve seen on tv about my beloved #sobe. The west side-bay view on this tiny island is a treasure. Here are my top 5 reasons why my family and I live on Miami Beach….
- Salary Upgrades. You have the opportunity to make more money than most cities in the state. In miami dade county, the cost of living (rent&mortgage) is around 30% more than other cities in florida. But the average salary (in my field of work – healthcare) is around 45% more than other cities in the state! Talk about opportunity! Yes please.
- Abundance of Resources. At your fingertips, within driving distance is some of the best restaurants, doctors, little leagues, dance studios, schools, fishing, shopping, sports, concerts, parks, beaches – you name it! And theres always more than one. If you don’t like your school, grocery store, ect. – just drive 10 mins in the other direction. Sometimes its nice to have options. This next picture puts it into perspective!
- Its a Walkable City. You can walk everywhere on south beach. It is a very “walk friendly city” (and double stroller friendly!) You can walk to the beach, parks, school, and stores! I honestly don’t use my car unless i’m driving off the island. Walking is also great for lowing your cholesterol and blood pressure, decreases the risk for diabetes, obesity, vascular stiffness, inflammation and stress.
- Less Traffic (than the rest of the city). When I leave for work in the morning, I drive west and then south to get to my hospital. But the majority of miami lives in the South West areas and they drive North East to get to work. So while I’m driving full speed on the highways, the opposite side of the road is at a congested standstill. When I go home at the end of the day its the same story. I am always driving against the flow of traffic. I love it so much. It’s like getting a present everyday. I am still not over this wonderful fact, I could go on and on about it!
- Lastly, the best reason to live on south beach……This View. (from my own home and in the dead of winter!)