CLICK HERE TO GET DISCOUNTED DISNEY TICKETS
*I am part of the #ChristopherRobinEvent press tour. This post is a Disney partnered post. All opinions are my own
“Christopher Robin is heart warming. It’s familiar, but completely reimagined.” – megforit.com Official Film Review
I’m sure you all have seen the commercials and trailers. Hopefully you saw Disney’s Christopher Robin at your local movie theater. This movie is on elf the best family friendly movies on the year! The message and quality of the film make it a “must see!”. Wanna read my no-spoiler review?
I don’t want to give away the whole movie but I can share a little smackerel.
FULL MOVIE REVIEW
When will Christopher Robin Blu-Ray be Released?
I have good news, the Blu-ray dvd will be released November 6th, 2018. This is just in time for the holidays! The beautiful live-action film is available digitally on “Movies Anywhere” and on Blu-ray / DVD along with some incurable behind-the-scenes extras+ bonus features!
Christopher Robin’s Blu-ray and Digital HD bonus features:
- A Movie Is Made for Pooh – Filmmakers and cast share their passion for this story in a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the movie.
- Pooh Finds His Voice – Discover what it’s like to voice Winnie the Pooh, from voice actors Sterling Holloway to Jim Cummings.
- Pooh and Walt Become Friends – How did Walt Disney and Pooh meet? Take a journey through time to explore the legacy of Walt’s first encounter with Pooh.
- Pooh and Friends Come to Life – See how Winnie the Pooh and Friends were brought to life as walking and talking stuffed animals in this magical live-action world.
- We Were Very Young – Meet the actual, original teddy bear who, along with his best friends, has inspired so much love worldwide for almost a century.
- An exclusive digital bonus feature explores the actual teddy bear, given to Christopher Robin Milne 98 years ago. This is the bear that inspired the original Pooh stories.
The bonus features are fascinating. I love to hear behind the scenes from the creators of a movie. There are also features that explain Walt Disneys connection and that is something I am always fascinated with. Walt Disney is one of the biggest inspirations to me and so many other people.
What is this movie about?
The Christopher Robin movie storyline will have you laughing and crying on a journey through the spectrum of emotions that everyone can relate to. The idea that no one wants to be forgotten, all of us want to be loved, and we all get a bit too consumed with work at times. This movie explores the idea of Christopher Robin all grown up.
After a few flashbacks, the movie really begins as we see Christopher is wrapped up in a stressful career. He continually choses work over his family and sternness over whimsy. His life is collapsing around him because he has lost sight of what is important. He has forgotten the wisdom of the 100 acre wood. He broke his promise. He forgot Pooh. (Do you feel your tender heartstrings being pulled? Oh, it gets even better!)
A series of adventures ensue as Christopher Robin saves his friends and in return his friends end up saving him. Pooh and the gang help Christopher Robin remember the loving and playful boy who is still inside.
The actors were so well casted! Each one contributes such familiarity to this story. Ewan McGregor plays Christopher Robin in a way that he was always meant to be played. He seems to balance the depth of the overworked adult and then contrast it with the fun father who reconnects with his childhood. Ewan McGregor always adds whimsy to the screen and I am so happy director Marc Forster asked him to be part of this project.
The director also brought in actress Hayley Atwell to play Christopher Robins wife. She is a strong character that never wavers despite her husband losing himself. She stays strong as a woman, wife and mother to little Madelyn. Madelyn is played by Bronte Carmichael. Bronte delivers the lines in such a sweet way, you don’t want her to get hurt or be sad. She adds some invaluable empathy to this movie.
Thankfully, beloved character actor, Jim Cummings is back as Pooh! Jim Cummings voice just melts the room! You can feel the entire theater audience get goosebumps. He also does the voice of Tigger in this film!
My connection to Christopher Robin
I first learned about this movie at the February 2018 Disney Social Media Mom’s Celebration conference. Kristen Durr (co-producer) brought us a sneak preview clip of the movie Christopher Robin. I cried. It takes a bit to bring me to tears, but I’m a sucker for the “we all have to grow up” dilemma.
I had the honor and privilege of interviewing the hard working & thoughtful director Marc Forester. I met Jim Cummings the voice of Pooh & Tigger too! I totally fan-girled my favorite actor Ewan McGregor while I talked to him about his favorite lines in the movie. You gotta read that interview! I also had the pleasure of meeting and interviewing Bronte Carmichael, who plays Christopher Robin’s daughter Madeline. Lastly, please don’t forget to read my interview with Hayley Atwell (who plays “Evelyn Robin”) for a unique take on the message of the film.
Fun Secret Movie Trivia
- Much of the filming of the Hundred Acre Wood scenes took place at Ashdown Forest, which was the original inspiration for the setting, as well as Windsor Great Park.
- Young Christopher Robin’s outfit is based on the one he wore in the original Ernest Shepard illustrations.
- Dustin Hoffman, Chris O’Dowd, Alan Tudyk, Andy Richter, Stephen Root and Martin Short were all considered for the voice of Tigger.
- A red balloon also plays an important role in Winnie the Pooh (2011), which was the last time Pooh and his friends appeared on the big screen prior to this movie.
- Richard M. Sherman has been confirmed to write three original songs for the film after having done so with his late brother Robert B. Sherman in many of the preceding Disney’s Winnie the Pooh feature films, including The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977), The Tigger Movie (2000), and also most of the theatrical shorts and one direct-to-video Winnie the Pooh: Seasons of Giving (1999). It has been confirmed that the title song “Winnie The Pooh” from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977) will be used in this film and so will the other two original songs “Up, Down, Touch the Ground” and “The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers”.
- This is Nick Mohammed’s (voice of piglet) first Disney movie role in 2018. His next one is The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (2018).
Great Gift for the Holiday Season
Because this movie is so family friendly, it makes for a great gift for all members of the family. You kids, your spouse, your parents, they will all enjoy receiving this Blu-ray. I personally remember my parents reading Pooh stories to me, and I have continue to read these stories of lovable characters to my own children. I encourage you to watch the film and purchase the Blu-ray for the bonus features to learn an appreciation for the Pooh stories. They stand the test of time!
You can visit your local Disney store or ShopDisney.com to purchase your own Christopher Robin Blu-ray / DVD
FYI Disney’s Christopher Robin runs for approximately 104 minutes and it is rated PG in U.S. (bonus material not rated), G in CE and G in CF. The disc offers a variety of languages and subtitles, including Spanish, Latin Spanish, French.
To borrow that famous line from the Great Movie Ride, “I’ll see you – at the movies!”
CLICK HERE TO GET DISCOUNTED DISNEY TICKETS