It’s the most wonderful time of the year…..
No, not that time!
My favorite time of year is Fall. Especially inside the Disney!
As the kids go back to school in August, summer starts to fade away. As summer fades, autumn starts to creep it’s way in.
Autumn is such a beautiful transition time of “letting go”. I think Fall decor is more beautiful than Christmas decor, in my humble opinion.
(I know I’m going to get a lot of feedback on this controversial topic! lol!)
The most beautiful fall decorations I’ve ever seen have been inside Walt Disney World! Fall (to me) is the months of September, October and November.
Let’s talk about all the exciting events happening in Disney in the Fall.
First off, we cannot talk about a season transition without discussing the decorations. I mean, that’s the best part, right? Disney parks blog even make a time lapse of how they transform the Magic Kingdom park overnight from normal main street to fabulous! Here is a video of my family and I frolicking around the fully decorated Magic Kingdom in the fall of 2017. You can see all the gorgeous autumn themed decor!
Gorgeous, am I right? Ok, now do you think it rivals the Christmas decorations?
MICKEY’S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY
“Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party” is a halloween party for kids and adults. This event is only on select nights in August, September and October from 7p-midnight. It requires a separate admission ticket. This Halloween inspired event encourages kids and adults to wear costumes (within the rule limitations) there is an epic parade, character meet and greets, special fireworks show, and trick or treating. Free candy inside Disney while dressed as your favorite character? Yes please!
Learn more about it at my friend Andreas Blog, Ultimate Disney Halloween Guide.
Christie can show you HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF MICKEY’S NOT SO SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY 2018
Sleepy Hollow Movie Viewing & Dessert Party
Do you love halloween movies? Do you love the story of Sleepy Hollow? If you want to watch the headless horseman with a hint of Disney magic, then this is the event for you! This movie viewing party takes place at Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. This special $22 ticketed event is a secret viewing of the 1949 Disney animated classic film The Legend of Sleepy Hollow inside the Fort Wilderness Ranch stables.
Afterwards there is a meet and greet with the Headless Horseman. This event is only organized on select nights September 28-30, October 3-7, October 10-14, 17-21, 24-31 at 8 and 10 p.m. It is not widely advertised and few Disney guests even know about. So you should feel very VIP for even reading about it! You’re welcome, I love you guys.
Dia De Los Muertos | Day of the Dead (Disneyland)
Disney’s Epcot Food & Wine Festival 2018
Celebrating its 23rd year, the 2018 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will take place from August 30 – November 12, 2018. All you need is an Epcot park admission ticket to participate in this delicious festival! Don’t forget to pick up your free Marketplace Discovery Passport when you enter the park. You can circle the items and locations that you definitely want to try. I suggest you walk around the entire world showcase to see what REALLY appeals to you. Take in the smells and see what everyone else is eating. When you have chosen your top picks, you can go back and try the best of the best. This will help you pace yourself so you don’t fill up at the first few stands. The best advice I have for you is to purchase a Food & Wine Festival [Disney] gift card to pay your way around the Festival. It’s much easier than trying to dig for cash or credit cards as you go from location to location. With a $250 activation, you’ll receive a specially themed lanyard and carrying sleeve. Trust me, if you are hungry you will blow through you $250 in a day – easily. But if not, you can always use what’s left on the card at any Disney location (theme park, local disney store, disney.com etc.)
In this Vlog, I spend a day nibbling my way through the 35 countries! I share my top 3 countries and most delicious dishes. You can’t miss these! There is so much more to taste and savor in this epic Food and Wine festival, but these were my top favorites according to my palate. The festival has been extended for a total of 70+ days all the way through November 12th. Come take a culinary journey around the world inside Disney in the fall! Read full post HERE.
Early Morning Magic Ticket
Shoutout to all my morning people! Who is always up with the sun? (Not me, I wish I was!) The early bird gets the magic with this secret event! This special ticket means that you can get into the Magic Kingdom and play before it opens to the “public”. Certain characters will be out, attractions will be running and a delicious breakfast in Pinocchio’s Village Hauls will be provided with the cost of a ticket. The cost is $69 for adults and $59 for kids. Begins 7:45am – 10:00 am. For more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/
Below are the 2018 dates if you are interested in this ticket.
- September: 4, 9, 11, 18, 23, 25, 30
- October: 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23, 30
- November: 4, 6, 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27
Running Events inside Disney
Calling all runners – you know who you are. If you can only do a 5K or if you are a full on marathon runner with the metals and the bumper sticker to prove it – I’ve got some fall running events just for you! Disney has some incredible events in the “cooler” months for runners! Disney marathons always have some delicious treat surprises, amazing scenery along with Disney entertainment throughout the run. A Disney marathon/run will be the most fun run you ever participate in. Even if all the run start at 5:30am. (Did I mention I wasn’t a morning person earlier?)
- Disney Fall Feast 5K. This one takes place on friday, November 2nd. It is in Walt Disney World. The starting line and finish line is in the Animal Kingdom Parking lot. This run is for beginners and experienced runners. The theme is Chef Tony from lady and the tramp!
- Disney Wine & Dine 10K. Saturday, November 3rd. Starting line is in Magic Kingdom parking lot and the Finish line is in the Epcot parking lot. This will be for all skill levels. There will be characters who will cheer you on! Delectable treats at the finish line! This is a long one but it will be worth it!
- Disney Wine & Dine HALF Marathon. Sunday, November 4th. This one also begins in the Magic Kingdom parking lot and ends in the Epcot parking lot. This run will feature Chef Mickey throughout the 13.1 miles. You will run through the most beautiful parts of the Walt Disney world Resort. Don’t forget that there is an exclusive afterparty for the runners at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival. This one sounds like the best deal!
Personally I am more of a gentle jogger. I might do a 1 mile “prance” around my neighborhood in the mornings. But I hope to do a Disney run one day. Someday. Just not today. If you are ready for a Disney run, Register for a race HERE.
Maybe you want to skip the traditional thanksgiving dinner at your families house. For whatever reason you have, you might wanna eat your turkey with Mickey Mouse instead. Who can blame you!? Disney is actually a popular spot to take the family or escape the family on Thanksgiving day. The following are the restaurants that feature a Thanksgiving themed menu on Thanksgiving day.
- Animal Kingdom Lodge: Jiko – The Cooking Place (dinner); Sanaa (lunch, dinner)
- Beach Club Resort: Cape May Café (dinner)
- Disney’s BoardWalk: Trattorio al Forno (dinner)
- Contemporary Resort: California Grill (dinner); Chef Mickey’s (dinner); The Wave … of American Flavors (lunch, dinner)
- Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground: Mickey’s Backyard Thanksgiving Feast at Mickey’s Backyard BBQ show at the Fort Wilderness Pavilion (three show times on Thanksgiving Day). Trail’s End Restaurant is also offering lunch and dinner.
- Grand Floridian Resort: Grand Floridian Café (lunch, dinner); Narcoossee’s (dinner)
- Old Key West Resort: Olivia’s Café (lunch; dinner)
- Port Orleans Resort – Riverside: Boatwright’s Dining Hall (dinner)
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa: The Turf Club Bar and Grill (lunch, dinner)
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin Resort: Fresh Mediterranean Market(lunch); Garden Grove (lunch, dinner); Il Mulino (dinner)
- Wilderness Lodge: Whispering Canyon Café (lunch, dinner)
- Yacht Club Resort: Captain’s Grille (brunch, dinner)
- Animal Kingdom: Tusker House Restaurant (lunch, dinner)
- Hollywood Studios: The Hollywood Brown Derby (lunch, dinner)
- Epcot World Showcase: Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway (lunch, dinner); Biergarten (lunch, dinner) Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada (lunch, dinner); Coral Reef Restaurant in Future World (lunch, dinner); Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room in the United Kingdom (lunch, dinner)
- Magic Kingdom: Cinderella’s Royal Table (lunch, dinner); Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch, dinner)
There you have it! I know everyone flocks to the Disney Parks in central Florida during the summer and Christmas breaks. But look at everything there is to see and do in the fall months! I definitely recommend coming over to Disney during the “cooler” months of September, October and November. Beautiful decor, fun exclusive events and delicious dishes you can only experience if you come to Disney in the fall!
What are you waiting for?
Book a trip Today!