CLICK HERE TO GET DISCOUNTED DISNEY TICKETS
Save 30%-50% on Disney Hotels with David’s Vacation Rentals: https://www.dvcrequest.com/meg
Have you ever been inside of the magical world of Disney, eating a delicious meal or snack and wished you could recreate this enchanting moment at home? Well you can! I have a little known Disney fact – that I willingly share with YOU, my beloved readers. At any restaurant or food stop inside of the Disney World Resort you can request the recipe for any food item. What? You heard right!
All you need to do is ask a cast member! They will gladly give you the recipe or the chef will come out and give it to you her/himself! Any restaurant, any food item (unless it comes frozen/premade) including drinks and sauces – can be requested. It is such a fun extra sprinkle of enchantment. These are the things that make Disney so far from “basic”.
I have also learned recently (from a cast member) that if you forget to ask while you are inside the parks or resorts, you can always contact Disney when you get home. You can email Guest Relation anytime, to request a recipe. Try to remember the dishes name and where you ate it. But they are pretty good at guessing and including a picture to confirm. Just email them at: email@example.com. They are so friendly and will go above and beyond for you. It’s Disney, you would expect nothing less.
I have had the privilege of visiting Disney many times in my 30 years. I have tasted countless delicious dishes. But there’re two that are my all time favorites. I have 1 savory and 1 sweet favorite that I must share with you all! The top savory treat in my book is the wood-oven pizzas from Via Napoli Ristorante. This Italian getaway pizzeria is located in the EPCOT theme park, all the way in the back. It looks unassuming in the back right corner of the piazza. All of the wood-oven pizzas are delicious, but the Piccante Pizza – Mezzo Metro is my pick. Topped with tomato sauce, Italian spicy sausage, mozzarella. This pizza is simple in its ingredients but memorable in its explosive flavor. I have included below the recipe for the light and crispy dough. Here is the Pizza Recipe from Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria. (special thank you to chef Carlie Restivo)
This recipe will create two 8.5oz balls of dough that will make (2) 12-inch pizza crusts
3 cups flour (“00” or King Arthur bread flour)
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons yeast
1 1/4 cup room temperature water
To Make The Dough
1. Add the yeast to the water and mix
2. Add the salt to the flour and stir
3. Transfer the water/yeast mixture to a mixing bowl then add the flour and salt to the bowl. Mix with your hands until it starts to come together.
4. Once the dough starts to come together, transfer to a floured work surface and knead with your hands for about 5 minutes until it starts to become elastic.
5. Divide the dough in half, form each into a ball, dust with flour and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours then refrigerate overnight.
To Make the Pizza
1. Take the two dough balls and let them stand until they get to room temperature (about 20 minutes). At the same time place a pizza stone into an oven and preheat to 500 degrees.
2. Transfer the dough balls to a large floured work surface.
3. Stretch the dough from the middle to the edges until you get a 12inch pizza crust. Repeat for the second pizza.
4. Place one of the crusts onto a lightly floured pizza peel and add your favorite toppings.
5. When ready, carefully slide the pizza off the peel and onto the pizza stone, quickly closing the oven door (to reserve the heat).
6. Bake the pizza until the bottom has a nice golden brown color and the cheese is melted but not scorched (about 8-10 minutes depending on the oven).
7. Remove the pizza and let it cool slightly (just a minute or two) so the cheese and toppings set. Using a pizza wheel or very sharp chef’s, knife cut and enjoy!
Ah! Delicioso! My mouth is watering just thinking back to that pizza. Now we should follow that with some dessert. I have never been a chocolate fan, I prefer desserts not to have any chocolate. So my go-to dessert in Disney is the Cinnamon Rolls from the Main Street Bakery located inside the Magic Kingdom Park. These ooey gooey giants will put you head over heels in love with Disney Food. I promise you, they must sprinkle some fairy dust in that cream cheese frosting! When I walk down main street inside Disney – I can always smell the cinnamon rolls. When I was a teenager I used to stop by this bakery with my sister and grab a cinnamon rolls while my parents would head farther into the park. I remember at 14 years old, those cinnamon rolls would taste like freedom and joy. When I bite into a Disney Cinnamon Roll, I still get that same giddy feeling of “freedom and “joy!” Here you go, this is the coveted recipe for the official Cinnamon Rolls from Main Street Bakery
Cinnamon Rolls – Walt Disney World’s – Main Street Bakery
Yield: 16-18 Rolls
1/2 cup warm water
2 packages yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon salt
8 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cups brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1. In small bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar.
2. Stir until dissolved and set aside.
3. In large bowl, mix pudding according to package instructions with milk.
4. Add 1/2 cup melted butter, egg, and salt. Mix well, then add yeast mixture and blend well.
5. Gradually add flour and knead until smooth.
6. Place in a very large greased bowl.
7. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size.
8. Punch down and let rise again for second time.
9. Roll dough on a very large floured surface.
10. Dough should roll out to a long rectangle, about 34 x 21 inches in size.
11. Take the 1 cup of melted butter and use a pastry brush to spread over entire dough surface.
12. In small bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon.
13. Sprinkle over top of buttered dough. Roll dough up like a jelly roll.
14. Measure dough every 2 inches and cut with a knife.
15. Take each roll into the palm of your hand and gently pack the roll (this keeps it from coming apart during baking).
16. Place each roll in a buttered baking pan and allow to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
17. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until golden brown in color, about 15-20 minutes.
18. Frost rolls while still warm.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1. In mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
2. Spread on the very warm rolls.
Ok, so these recipes are not your “out of the box” 20 minute recipes. But all good things in life take time and effort. If you want the Disney experience at home, you are going to have to work at it! I can’t wait to see what next Disney dish will be my new favorite. Share with me your favorites in the comment section! I would love to hear about your experience.