What to expect
Disney World in January
Weather: Rainfall chances in January are low; the average high is 74 and the low is 49
- TIP: Christmas decorations stay up in the parks and resorts a few days into the New Year! (Perfect if you want to take next years Christmas Card Photo)
- There is a Chinese New Year special celebration in the China Pavilion in Epcot. The special celebration include special music, Chinese acrobats and special activities for kids.
- In Disney style there are special New Years meal specials in select restaurants.
- Walt Disney World Marathon takes place in the first week of January. In 2018 the dates will be January 3rd through the 7th. For more info: https://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/
- The Epcot International Festival of the Arts starts January 12th and ends February 19th. This festival includes art & music exhibits all over EPCOT. For more information: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-festival-of-the-arts/
- “Disney After Hours” will be offered January 19, 26, 30. This special ticket means that you can get into the Magic Kingdom and play for 3 hours AFTER it’s closed to the “public”. Certain characters will be out, and ice cream + drinks will included with the cost of a ticket. The cost is $126 and discounted to $94 for pass holders. For more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-after-hours/
Overall, January has some of the lowest crowd numbers and the best weather. (Except for the first week in January, it will still be crowded due to new years, the marathon, and some schools start back in the second week on the month.) If you want to get exact crowd and wait time stats, check out my friends at Touringplans.com and their “Disney Crowd Calendar “
I always go to Disney in late January because if feels like the perfect time to go with cooler weather and shorter lines. Have a magical day!