What to Expect
Disney World In September
Weather: In September the temperature starts to cool down a bit in Orlando. The average daytime HIGH temperatures will still hit around 90°F. The average LOW temperatures go down to 70°F. Remember it is still florida and humidity can easily be over 90%. It can be a bit windy at night inside the park, bring a very light jacket for nights.
- “Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party” This event is only on select nights in August, September and October from 7p-midnight. It requires a separate admission ticket. This Halloween inspired event encourages kids and adults to wear costumes (within the rules) there is an epic parade, character meet and greets, special fireworks show, and trick or treating. For more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party/
- “Night of Joy” This is a Contemporary Christian evening festival that takes place in outdoor venues at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex but if you buy a ticket you receive admission to Magic Kingdom during the day. For more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/
- “Early Morning Magic Ticket” This special ticket means that you can get into the Magic Kingdom and play for 2 hours before it opens to the “public”. Certain characters will be out, breakfast in Pinocchio’s Village Hauls will be provided with the cost of a ticket. The cost is $69 for adults and $59 for kids. Last year the dates were: May 9, 16; June 11, 18, 25; July 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 30; August 1, 6, 8, 13, 15, 20, 22, 27, and 29 and September 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, and 26 from 7:45 – 10:00 am. For more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/early-morning-magic/
- EPCOT Food and Wine Festival. This event begins in mid-august and runs till mid-Nov. Come and taste samples of the finest cuisine and drinks from the top chefs of the world. Festival guests can enjoy the flavors of more than 35 countries. For more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/epcot-international-food-and-wine-festival/
- Check out my Vlog on this delicious event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANLQ4hzgHDk
*HUGE BONUS* The epic Toy Story Land in Hollywood studios is scheduled to open September 2018!
September is a great month to come visit Disney World. The rainy season has come to a close and the temperatures begin to drop. It’s the first full month of school back in session! Crowds tend to be light after the Labor Day holiday and stay low until the end of the month.
Have a magical day!