“A dream is a wish your heart makes”.
Everyone remembers the feeling they had in their hearts when Cinderella sang “A dream is a wish your heart makes”. I remember when the Blue Fairy said, “Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world. Now, let’s all put our hearts together, and make a wish come true.” It makes you feel inspired. The message of these cute little Disney movies is to not give up on your dreams. That is the legacy that Walt Disney has left in his wonderful theme parks. I want to share with you a few special places to make a WISH inside Walt Disney World.
- Wishing Well: If you’re in Fantasyland looking at the back side of the castle, turn to the left; there’s a path between Cinderella’s Royal Table and Tomorrowland. Go down that path and you’ll see the Wishing Well on the right. Close your eyes and toss a coin in as you think of your wish. There is a plaque that reads: “Your wishes will help the dreams of children come true.” The money tossed into this wishing well is collected at regular intervals and the money is donated to various children’s charities. Way to go Disney!
- The Blue Fairy’s Wish Book: Go to Pinocchio’s Village Haus Restaurant. Once inside, go all the way to the back and to the left. You will find the display glowing beautifully with blue light. There lies a big book of WISHES where you can write your own wish. (You will need to bring your own pen.) Take a moment to read all the other wishes. I was so touched by the honest wishes that other left, I had tears in my eyes as I read them. Ask A cast member to help you make the wish. They will ask you to place your hands on top of your wish and say the magic words “Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo.” FYI: some pixie dust may be sprinkled
- Cinderella’s Castle Couture Pixie Dust – Speaking of Pixie Dust……just walk into the Castle Couture (located just behind Cinderella’s castle) and ask the cast member working for pixie dust! You will get a free pixie dusting no matter your age! The Cast Members at this couture boutique have a magic wand and wave it over as they sprinkle the dust and recite these lines, ““With just a little faith, trust, and pixie dust, may all your dreams come true,”. Isn’t that just the epitome of magical – my daughter was completely head over heels!
- Cinderella’s Fountain: Here is some more Cinderella for you. It is located in Fantasyland behind the Castle next to Tinkerbell’s Treasures. There is a trick to see some hidden magic with the fountain. If you face Cinderella and curtsy to her, the crown painted behind her looks like it is placed on her head. Toss a coin into this fountain and make a wish!
- Wishes Nighttime Spectacular Fireworks Show – Hurry and see this incredible fireworks show because the last night will be May 11th, 2017. This 12 minute show can be seen from almost anywhere inside the park. The best view is from main street or Tomorrow Land – in my humble opinion. The lyric combined with the music all comes together with perfectly synced fireworks. It’s a show that makes you gasp out-loud and will leave you in goosebumps. It creates the perfect environment, at the end of the day, to make a final wish.
TIP: You can also get sprinkled at the Main Street Barber Shop and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique after you get a cut or style!
I will leave you with a quote from “Wishes”,
“You see, the most fantastic, magical things can happen, and it all starts with a wish!”
Happy wishing Disney lovers!