San Antonio is one of those friendly Texas towns you read about and get excited to one day visit. Well, when you arrive, you’re going to realize why people say it’s so friendly! With so much to do and see, you won’t be bored during your vacation. Booking your transport and getting your spending money together is so much fun, because then you know your vacation is on the way!
The other exciting piece of the vacation pie? That’ll be the hotel near San Antonio airport that is convenient once you land. The Comfort Suites are situated far enough back from the highway that you won’t hear the traffic, but you will be able to easily find it! You’ll get that quiet night’s rest that you need after exploring San Antonio all day, and you’ll also enjoy the AC, docking stations to recharge your phone, and the chance to relax in front of the 42” LED TV after a busy day!
Now you know the perfect place to stay, you need to think about fitting these five things to do while you’re on your trip!
- Try a Paleta. You need to explore River Walk when you arrive in San Antonio, and when you do you’ll come across Bolivar Cafe in La Villita. You can buy some Paletas from here, which is a frozen fruit dessert on a stick that originated from Mexico. You can get lime, mango, coconut and strawberry flavors, and they’re SO worth the walk! Take your treat on a walk through the old town of La Villita, offering charming galleries and shops for all!
- River Walk. You’re headed there for a frozen dessert, so you may as well enjoy it! You can go on a boat tour while you’re here, and you can see how well the history here has been preserved while you are on the tour.
- Grab Some TexMex. You cannot visit San Antonio and not get some delicious TexMex food. Head to The Alamo Cafe to get in the mood, with an exciting atmosphere made possible by the mini rivers running through the inside! The ladies cooking up a storm can be watched making hand made flour tortillas, and you can bring the whole family here.
- Head to The Alamo. It’s not something that most people put on their same list as Paris or Disneyworld, but it’s a place that HAS to be seen. You can’t leave San Antonio without doing so! Take a walk in the ground and toss some coins in the fountains. Then, head to the compound buildings for a little history about The Alamo. PS: It’s free!
- Texan Steak! It’s a must-do, but if you’re here in San Antonio, you need a steak. There are many steak restaurants here that specialize in six different steak sauces and while this list is half about food, you need to experience the Texan hospitality for yourself. You won’t regret it!