Moving towards a sustainable model of living seems to be the norm for most people today. There’s a good reason for it – with energy prices continuously on the rise, do you want to do absolutely everything that you can to ensure that you aren’t paying more than necessary?
If your home has become a sustainable one, you’re going to save yourself the money and insure that you and your family are saving money on the planet all at the same time. Eco-friendly cleaners and green cleaning trucks will allow you to get your home feeling up to scratch and nice to live in a safer and more non-toxic way.
Of course, there are plenty of commercial cleaning products available on the market and these are very effective in treating tough stains and grease. The problem is the ingredients. Eco-friendly furniture cleaning is not just better for the environment but it’s better for the material of your furniture that you spend money on.
That’s one thing that you should keep in mind when it comes to cleaning products – the money you have spent on them really doesn’t matter. If you want to make sure that you have greener ways to clean your home, here are some of the best ways to do it below.
- Use baking soda. One of the best natural cleaners out there is baking soda. You might find it on the shelves are sodium bicarbonate, and it’s a mild alkaline substance that works as a gentle abrasive cleaner.
Preparing a thick piece of baking soda and water could really help to remove the toughest of Stains including coffee and wine and rust. Replacing your commercial abrasive clean as with baking soda is a quick and natural way to do it – plus baking soda is cheap.
- Get some white vinegar. Anybody who has used green cleaning techniques before will know the benefits of white vinegar. It’s Marty acidic, which means that it couldn’t have antibacterial properties that will help you to get rid of the stains that plague your surfaces.
One part white vinegar to two parts water can really make a natural stain remover and neutralizes odors at the same time. With a drop of essential oils – try lemon, it’s wonderful – you can make a natural deodoriser and you can clean grease or oil and grime at the same time.
- Lemons. Lemons are antibacterial and antiseptic, and that’s due to the presence of high acidic content. It is an eco-friendly disinfectant to use lemon juice and everything and it could be used as a natural deodoriser as well.
It’s perfect for the smells that come from trash cans, sinks and other areas. You can bring back any lost shine of your pants by rubbing a slice of lemon that has been dipped in salt or baking soda, too.
Mixing lemon juice with white vinegar creates a solution that removes even the toughest of stains including mold and mildew. If you want to eliminate the odor from your kitchen bin, add the peel to the bottom before you add the bag.
- Use green agents for wooden surfaces. End of lease cleaning companies tend to use greener products to clean delicate surfaces like wooden floors. There are plenty of recipes available that mean that you can create your own word cleaners and all you have to do is add water, vinegar and olive oil.
This creates an excellent stain remover that works for wooden surfaces without damaging the word. All you’ll need to go with it is a microfibre cloth.
- Don’t forget the windows! Half a cup of vinegar to 2 to 3 cups of water into a spray bottle can really help you to deep clean your windows of sticky fingerprints and outside elements.
Adding a few drops of liquid detergent or lemon juice can create a solution that you can add to the windows and wipe off with a newspaper. Clean cotton rags can also help you to get your windows sparkling and if you want to use a green tea cleaning company, get googling – there is plenty out there.
- Clean your dishwasher naturally. The dishwasher takes a battering and you need to give it a thorough cleaning once a week if you hope for your dishes to remain clean.
You don’t have to buy expensive products, however. Fill the dishwasher bowl with 1 to 2 cups of white vinegar and set it on the top rack. Run a cleaning cycle to remove bad odors and food residues and you’ll thank yourself for a timesaving cheap way to clean your dishwasher.