Megs Sneaky Green Cupcakes
* 2 cups – flour, whole wheat
* 1 teaspoon – baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon – salt
* 1/4 teaspoon – nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon – cinnamon
* 1/2 cup – organic non bleached sugar
* 4 tablespoon – butter, unsalted
* 2 large – egg
* 1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup – broccoli, florets
* 1 small – zucchini
* 1 1/2 medium – carrot
* 1/2 medium – apple
* 1 cup – applesauce, unsweetened
* 1/4 chocolate chip morsels
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix together flours, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Soften butter.
4. In a mixer or another bowl, mix the sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
5. Steam all veggies (broccoli, zuchini, apples and carrots) In a food processor, combine steamed broccoli, zucchini, carrots, apples, and applesauce. Pulse until thoroughly mixed.
6. Combine the fruit and veggie puree into the wet ingredient mixture (sugar/butter/eggs) and beat until mixed.
7. Finally, add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined and wet.
8. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
9. Scoop the mixture into a prepared muffin pan. Fill each spot about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle with a few chocolate chips before baking.
10. For regular size muffins: Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes.
11. Bake until the tops are slightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
They freeze great!