This is by far one of my fav asian dishes to cook at home! It’s Thai inspired and comes out more like a soup or stew.
The recipe makes around 4 servings – depending on how hungry you are! It takes less an 1 hr to prep and cook the whole thing!
I won’t bore you with a long story about how I came up with this recipe. I combined 3 recipes in one and kinda made it my own! So here it is! Print and enjoy!
THAI CURRY NOODLES
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut up or 2 cups of shredded left over rotisserie chicken
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 garlic cloves chopped up
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 box (32 oz) of broth – I like to use chicken broth
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 16 oz of package rice noodles OR a 16 oz box of thin spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic, bell pepper and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in red curry paste and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and coconut milk, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice noodles or cooked thin spaghetti, fish sauce and brown sugar , about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in chopped cilantro, basil and the lime juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately and eat with a smile!