What is the best watch for nurses? I just found the cutest & most practical nursing accessory! Scroll on down and take a look.
Silicone Watches for Nurses
These are the best watches for nurses. (or any healthcare professional). I love my watch! The one I use on shift glows in the dark, and that is super handy for this night shift nurse!
As nurses, we are so busy. Healthcare is evolving and it seems to keep adding to our load. We are responsible for so many more medical duties than we were before. In making these duties more manageable we need all the equipment we can get. These nurse watch fabs are excellent in bringing convenience and assistance to an overwhelmed nurse and his/her daily duties. (Like me!)
3 Reasons These are the Best Watches for Nurses
Let’s be honest, Nurses NEED a watch for 3 major things.
- Vital Signs. Nurses use a watch for many things. We use it take manual heart rates or measure how many times a person breathes in a minute. It is great to have a watch with a second hand so close. Apple watches are just not the same as a good old fashion clock in the medical field. Sometimes you gotta go old school.
- Accurate Documentation. Nurses use their watch to take note of when something occurs. For example, if a patient goes into an arrhythmia or starts having a seizure, we need to record the onset and duration of these events. It also helps us later when we need to document the times of our interventions and outcomes down to the minute. Accurate record keeping is a big part of proving that you have done a great job as a nurse.
- Administering Medication. The second more important part of administering the correct medication is noting when you gave it. In most healthcare facilities we scan our medications. Nurses take note of when medications are given by checking their clocks. They know that the IV epinephrine given to restart your heart can be given every 2 minutes. The nurse also understands that your pain medication is due every 4 hours and you received it 1.5 hours ago according to his/her watch.
Best Gift Watch for Nurses
These watches make for great gifts. (Hey Management, isn’t nurses week coming up?) I get my nurse watches at nursewatches.com. They are the best quality and have the cutest designs. Nurse watches.com prides themselves with the best customer service, a satisfaction guarantee, all while providing fashionable watches at competitive prices.
Check out my course: HOW TO GIVE THE BEST REPORT.
The 8 Modules in this course teach you to:
– Initiate Report
– Courteous Tips the Next Shift Won’t Tell You
– Give Perfect Concise Report
– How to Call & Talk to Doctors
– How to Give Report to other Facilities
– How to Give Report when Going on Break
– How to Give Report to Other Floors
How adorable are these! I seriously think my mom would love this. Right now she uses a wristwatch, but I love how these look like they can be easily cleaned. And it glows in the dark! so cool
Yes! They can be easily cleaned and they are made of a washable Silicone rubber that is ideal for infection prevention and control. Thumbs up all around for these watches.
Wow amazing innovation… ?
I know right Bushra? I had no idea that something like this existed. I love it.
Awesome! I always struggled with finding out the time at work. Because I didn’t want to get germs on my stuff. This makes it easy because it so easy to clean off, easily accessible, and super cute! ❤️ P.s. I love your blog!
exactly! The infection control aspect makes these cute little things even more appealing.
Those are so cool! I’ll definitely be keeping this in mind for all my nurse/healthcare professional friends out there! Thanks for sharing!
Maybe even for next christmas! They make the cutest gifts.
So many cute designs too!
Right Alice? A design for every style.
Super cute! It’s also great that it doesn’t risk the hygiene so easily than watching time from a wristwatch – or worse from a phone.
ew yes, I am guilty of wiping out my phone w gloves on in a code setting. Bleh!
This sounds amazing. I’m going to have to recommend this to a friend of mine, she’s a nurse.
Thanks Jasmin, she will love them I’m sure.
Love them! A friend of mine would love them too! I’ll forward your blogpost to her 🙂
Thanks Nelly I appreciate that! I have lots of nursing content for your friend to explore.
This is such a great idea! It will be a great help with its design.
How cute are these!? I have a few nurses in mind that would definitely love these as upcoming birthday gifts. Thanks for the tip!! <3
Happy birthday to my fellow nurses. 🙂
These are great, I have a few nurse friends that these would make great gifts for! I love this for my sister too. She is a nurse. I think these are pretty adorable.
Totally, they make super great gifts.
When I was younger, I used to admire my aunts nurse watch…..I thought it was stylish too…these designs are super stylish and chic
Right? That are so cute and functional.
Theodore Da Silva
To be the best nurses watch, I think you MUST be made from resin. It’s super durable and is easy to clean, can’t believe nurses watches are made from any other material!