What is the best watch for nurses? I just found the cutest & most practical nursing accessory! Scroll on down and take a look.
Silicone Watches for Nurses
These are the best watches for nurses. (or any healthcare professional). I love my watch! The one I use on shift glows in the dark, and that is super handy for this night shift nurse!
As nurses, we are so busy. Healthcare is evolving and it seems to keep adding to our load. We are responsible for so many more medical duties than we were before. In making these duties more manageable we need all the equipment we can get. These nurse watch fabs are excellent in bringing convenience and assistance to an overwhelmed nurse and his/her daily duties. (Like me!)
3 Reasons These are the Best Watches for Nurses
Let’s be honest, Nurses NEED a watch for 3 major things.
- Vital Signs. Nurses use a watch for many things. We use it take manual heart rates or measure how many times a person breathes in a minute. It is great to have a watch with a second hand so close. Apple watches are just not the same as a good old fashion clock in the medical field. Sometimes you gotta go old school.
- Accurate Documentation. Nurses use their watch to take note of when something occurs. For example, if a patient goes into an arrhythmia or starts having a seizure, we need to record the onset and duration of these events. It also helps us later when we need to document the times of our interventions and outcomes down to the minute. Accurate record keeping is a big part of proving that you have done a great job as a nurse.
- Administering Medication. The second more important part of administering the correct medication is noting when you gave it. In most healthcare facilities we scan our medications. Nurses take note of when medications are given by checking their clocks. They know that the IV epinephrine given to restart your heart can be given every 2 minutes. The nurse also understands that your pain medication is due every 4 hours and you received it 1.5 hours ago according to his/her watch.
Best Gift Watch for Nurses
These watches make for great gifts. (Hey Management, isn’t nurses week coming up?) I get my nurse watches at nursewatches.com. They are the best quality and have the cutest designs. Nurse watches.com prides themselves with the best customer service, a satisfaction guarantee, all while providing fashionable watches at competitive prices.
Check out my course: HOW TO GIVE THE BEST REPORT.
The 8 Modules in this course teach you to:
– Initiate Report
– Courteous Tips the Next Shift Won’t Tell You
– Give Perfect Concise Report
– How to Call & Talk to Doctors
– How to Give Report to other Facilities
– How to Give Report when Going on Break
– How to Give Report to Other Floors