There is not one person out there that enjoys the stress of moving to a new home. It’s the packing, the storing, the cleaning and the organization that comes with moving that makes us all dislike it so much. It makes sense, too! The act of moving itself may not be fun but the reasons behind it make all of the stress worth it. Moving from one place to another takes a lot of work and until you do it yourself, you can’t imagine the stress that is ahead of you!
If you want to make sure that your move goes off without a hitch, you’re going to need moving supplies and boxes, the right tape and pens and you’re definitely going to need a great moving company to help. More than all of that, though, you’re going to need to have the pro tips below to get your whole house move sorted as smoothly as possible.
- Always get more than one moving quote. It doesn’t matter how many times you search for information on moving companies, you should never settle for just one. Get quotes from at least three different companies and you should book as far in advance as possible.
- Always pack as early as possible. Packing is not an easy task, not when you have a whole house to worry about. However, if you ensure that you start packing early, you can really make a big difference to how your whole house moves. Packing is time consuming, but when you start it up early you’ll be able to declutter and get rid of everything you no longer want or need.
- Get storage quotes. While you’ve been getting quotes for moving, get some quotes for storage, too. Storage will ensure that you have somewhere for all of your belongings so that you can keep them safe during themain move.
- Label everything. Not only will labeling your boxes be more efficient for your moving company, you need to label them for yourself, too. No one wants to spend time searching boxes for what they need and with efficient labeling, you won’t have to do that. You’ll make life so much easier on yourself if you use the right labeling techniques.
- Always have a list. Without a list, you’re not going to remember everything you have to do for the move or everything you’ve done so far. Lists will keep you on the right track for everything, and they will ensure that you get your move sorted as quickly as possible.
- Clean! You want to have a clean house to move into as well as a clean one left behind. Your house should be clean when you move into it, as then you can get straight on with moving all of your things in and unpacking. Take the time to clean, or call in a cleaner if you don’t have that time!
Good luck with the move to a new property – this could be as easy or as hard as you want!
Leave a Reply