When it comes to selling your home, the price you are going to secure is undoubtedly one of your main areas of concern. Read on to discover some useful pieces of information and advice about the property asking price…
Doing your own research
When deciding what price to put your home on the market for you obviously need to get the valuations of several estate agents. But, this does not mean you cannot do your own research. How? Well, let’s take a look…
You should begin by using popular portals and websites to see how much houses in your area are being sold. It is advisable to focus on properties that are comparable to yours, i.e. the same number of bedrooms, the same sort of area.
Don’t only look at houses that have been sold, but also take a look at those that are still on the market. What are the other asking prices in your village, town, or city? You can look at estate agent websites, property listing websites, and in estate agent windows to get a good idea.
You should also take the time to research the state of your local housing market. Take a look at current house prices in the area and compare it with statistics from three months ago or even a year ago in order to get an idea of whether prices are on the up, decreasing, or have remained the same. You can strategically price your property based on any trends.
Six easy ways to instantly boost your home’s value!
We all want to add a little bit of value to our property to make it more attractive. The trouble is, we don’t all have the money nor the time! This doesn’t mean you can’t boost your home’s value though! Here are five easy ways to instantly do so…
- Home begins at your front door – Not once people are in it! So, boost your kerb appeal. Add some fresh flowers by the entrance and paint the front door.
- Do essential maintenance – You should eliminate annoying pests today, fix any broken hardware, and deal with any other little jobs.
- Light there be light – Make sure all lights are fitted with the right bulb. They should be bright without being harsh. Turn all the lights on in your home for a viewing. You don’t want anything to appear dark and dingy.
- Do necessary repairs – So many people say they would not purchase a home if it looked in poor condition. No one wants to buy a property only to spend all their cash on general maintenance and repairs.
- Spend some cash on your floors – You could have your carpets professionally cleaned, or you could re-carpet your home, or you could even rip the carpets off and make the most of your hardwood flooring… there are several options, just make sure you do something, as the floor is one of the main areas for improvement before putting your house on the market.
- Get the paintbrush out – Paint is the easiest way to transform your home. Be careful with your color selection. Don’t go for something too out there! A neutral palette is always the best way to go.
Leave a Reply