This recipe is totally vegan and totally delicious. Pair this vegan mushroom stroganoff with some green beans or zucchini and dinner is served! I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 lb / 455 g cremini or baby bell or a mix of mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, picked
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 7 oz/200g dry pappardelle noodles or any vegan noodles you enjoy
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk or any vegan milk
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a 1 tablespoon of oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. While the pot heats, dice onion. Cook onion for 6 minutes, or until it’s translucent and slightly golden brown on edges. Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms. Add mushrooms to the pot and cook for 8 minutes, or until mushrooms are golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, minced garlic and freshly picked thyme leaves to the pot. Cook for 2 minutes. Add flour and mix well until vegetables are coated evenly. Then add vegetable stock. Scrape any brown bits off the pan and stir well. Bring liquid back to a boil.
- Once boiling, add noodles and non-dairy milk. Use spoon to distribute the noodles so they’re fully covered with liquid. Stir every couple minutes to ensure even cooking. Cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until the noodles are el dente. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve this vegan mushroom stroganoff immediately!