CLICK HERE TO GET DISCOUNTED LEGOLAND TICKETS
There is so much to do in Central Florida but there is a theme park that most people skip when visiting! Have you ever been to LEGOLAND Florida? Alright, if not, I am sure you are wondering Is Legoland Florida worth it? Yes, and let me tell you why!
How much does it cost to go to Legoland?
It is $85 to visit Legoland Florida for 1 day and $110 to visit the theme park AND the water park. Kids 2 and under are free, you will pay starting at age 3. You can save more money by buying tickets online in advance and buying more than 1 day at a time!
What part of Florida is Legoland in?
Legoland Florida is located in Winter Haven, FL. To give you some reference, it is an hour and 15 min drive from the Orlando International Airport. How far is Legoland Florida from Disney World? Legoland Florida is 1 hour from Disney World.
Is Legoland Florida fun for adults?
I’ll be honest, I think this park is geared for the 10 and under crowd. Of course if you love legos, you should try LEGOLAND out. But if I were to be transparent, I would not visit without my kids.
10 things you need to know before going to LEGOLAND Florida!
- You have to pay for parking. It’s $23 for parking and $33 for preferred parking.
- The Park is created for the 10 and under crowd, just so you are aware. That’s the age that will enjoy it the most.
- There are a ton of food options. You will not go hungry in LEGOLAND. With theme park prices, the top options are the turkey leg, chicken and waffles sandwich, apple fries, brisket Mac n cheese and the funnel cake!
- Know the location of LEGOLAND. It is more than a hour from Disney World and Universal Studios and all the regular Orlando stuff. Plan your trip accordingly and expect to drive out to “Winter Garden, FL”.
- There is a Water Park! Not many people realize the size and extend of this fun water park. There is a lazy river, splash pads, multiple water slides, a wave pool and a huge playground with water features. Only downsides are that you need to bring your own towel and the water park is in the very back of the park – a 10 minute walk.
- The lines are shorter at LEGOLAND Florida. Compared to the bigger theme parks, the lines were very reasonable – especially early in the morning. If you want to ride the coolest rides – definitely get to the park when it opens.
- The rides are short. The lines are shorter but so are the rides!
- There is Mini Lego People Trading! You know how pin trading is a huge craze in Disney? Well (pre-cov!d) the employees of Legoland would trade legos and lego people with the guests!
- LEGOLAND Florida is hot! Do not forget that you are in Florida and there is a lot of scorching sunshine all year round! Bring plently of sunscreen, hydrate and plan your day around the sun. I suggest doing the water park in the hottest hours of the day, 2pm-5pm.
- You can make it a 2 day thing! I suggest you go to LEGOLAND and experience everything there is to do and then come again on a second day to enjoy the water park. Take your time, there is plenty of fun to be had here.
Brick or Treat | LEGOLAND Florida
I wanted to mention that there is a halloween party happening at LEGOLAND Florida every year, including 2020 when everyone else has cancelled their trick or treating!
When is Brick or Treat happening at LEGOLAND Florida? October 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 24-25 & 31 2020
There is a spooky fun event where parents and kids are encouraged to dress up and enjoy some socially distant trick or treating! There are special shows happening during this time and some seasonal food offered as well (the pumpkin ice cream and apple fries are a MUST TRY!)
You don’t need a special ticket for this event – it is included in your ticket purchase when you visit on those dates!
My family and I were hosted in Legoland Florida for the Brick or Treat event. All opinions are my own
That’s all my advice for a trip to LEGOLAND Florida, I hope this helps you plan your next trip. Let me know if it did and leave questions in the comments!
Under your Number 4, you state “Be prepared to drive out to Winter Garden, FL.”
LEGOLAND is in Winter HAVEN.
THERE IS a Winter Garden located near Disney, but it it not the same city.
Roost & Roam
My two little boys would love it here, it looks so fun.. Hopefully i can take them to LEGOLAND in England!