Squash is in peak season between October and March! Over the years I have learned to love these veggies! They are all so colorful, I used to only used them as Thanksgiving decor, but now I know how to cook them! My favorite way to prep all different types of squash is in a hearty soup or stew.
Golden squash flesh is loaded with healthy goodness like carotenoids, Vitamin A, and potassium. Delicious and good for you is the perfect combo during the winter months. Here is a QUICK and super simple recipe for a comforting winter soup. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 pounds winter squash peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4-5 cups chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chopped Parsley to garnish
- Melt the butter and oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and celery, and gently cook until soft.
- Add the squash and cook, stirring for 5 mins.
- Add the honey and chicken stock, bring to a simmer and cook until the squash is tender.
- Remove from heat and add to powerful blender. Blend until smooth Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add parsley garnish just before serving! Enjoy!
Leave a Reply