While some people and citizens of some countries can enjoy the privilege of visiting Schengen countries without getting any visa, some people need to apply for visas and go through all the necessary procedures regarding getting visas. There is a lengthy procedure of getting a Schengen visa that involves meeting all the requirements stated in the law, collecting evidence documents, attending meetings with the visa authorities. Read our Schengen visa guidance to know more.
Countries that require an Airport Transit Schengen Visa?
There countries whose nationals are required to obtain an airport transit if they would even need to make a stop at an airport in Schengen Country to wait for their connecting flight to some other destination country. Below is the list of countries whose nationals are required to obtain an airport transit visa in case they want to stop at an airport in any Schengen country to wait for their connecting flight.
- Congo (DRC)
- Sri Lanka
However, there are also some exceptions mentioned in the law regarding the need to obtain an Airport Transit Visa. If an individual from any of the countries falls under any of the below-mentioned categories then he might not be required to present an airport transit visa during his stop at any Schengen country airport.
- In case the individual is a holder of a Schengen member residency permit i.e. A legal Schengen visa that allows short or long stay in the Schengen country they hold visa for.
- A person is a residency permit holder of Andorra, Canada, Japan, San Marino, or the USA which would guarantee to share the whereabouts of the individual in case any situation arises.
- A person is a valid Schengen visa holder or holds a valid visa with entry permission to any one of the EFTA countries or countries like Canada, Japan, or the United States. The person would need to present a Schengen Visa even if the person is returning from the mentioned countries after the expiry of the granted visa
- If an individual has a close family relation with a European National Citizen. However having a close family relation with any EU/EEA national doesn’t guarantee that you will directly get a non-visa entry in Schengen Area. The procedure of getting a visa will be more smooth and faster but there is certain criteria you would need to meet.
- You must have a first-degree relation with an EU/EEA citizen
- Proof of that you need to join EU/EEA citizen in the Schengen country you want to travel
- A person is a diplomatic passport holder
It is very important to be aware of Schengen country visa laws to avoid any trouble in the process.
People who don’t need Schengen Visa
1. The citizens of the following countries have a privilege to enter the Schengen Area without the need of a Schengen visa in case they hold a biometric passport
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Macedonia, Moldova
Other than these the people with Taiwan passports with their National ID card number mentioned are also allowed to visit the Schengen area.
People belonging to special administrative regions of the People’s Republic of China are not required to have a Schengen Visa.
Individuals who are British citizens but not British Nationals are also not required to apply for Schengen Visa for getting an entry permission in a Schengen country. People from the following meet this criteria, British Nationals (Overseas), Protected Individuals etc.
However, people under the category that does not require any Schengen Visa for entry would require to acquire legal permission to stay in the country they want to stay for the time period they wish to stay for.
In the case where the applicant has more than one nationality, the requirements to acquire a visa will be dependent on the passport he or she will be travelling with. In case you wish to travel with a passport that lies under the category that requires to necessarily obtain a visa despite the fact that you have a passport of any Schengen country then you will be dealt with similarly to applicants who need a mandatory visa.
Hope this article increased your knowledge regarding who does require a Schengen visa in order to travel to Schengen visa and who does not require it. In case you have any more queries regarding your status or require information about Schengen visa laws then you must contact the immigration lawyer. iasservices.org.uk is your go-to establishment for getting any immigration services. We guarantee the best legal assistance that will help you get results that you desire.
Leave a Reply