CLICK HERE TO GET DISCOUNTED DISNEY TICKETS
Are you headed to Disney? Are you also eating clean on the Whole30 diet? Can you still be Whole30 in Disney? Yes you can and here is how!
Save 30%-50% on Disney Hotels with David’s Vacation Rentals: https://www.dvcrequest.com/meg
Want to download an entire meal plan for Whole30? In this download I have created a whole meal plan, recipes, printable grocery lists, pre-diet health screen and access to a Whole30 Facebook support group with over 200 members!
What is this Diet? | Whole30 in Disney
Whole30 is designed to cleanse and reset your body by eliminating added sugar, dairy and GMO foods. It will reset your system and identify allergic and auto immune responses aggravated by the dairy and GMO products we consume. You are actually becoming healthier. It’s a great diet to try to start eating clean!
Here is a short compressed review of the rules of the whole 30 diet.
Yes you can eat: Meat, Seafood, Eggs, Vegetables, Fruits, Natural fats.
No you cannot eat: any form of added Sugar, Alcohol, Grains, Legumes(beans, corn, peanuts), Dairy, MSG, any form of Soy.
So Why Whole30? | Whole30 in Disney
If you want to read more about why I chose the Whole30 diet and why it resets your body, Come read this article: 30 Reasons why I love Whole30
I have a great article about general restaurants and eating out on Whole30, it will also apply to whole3o in Disney so go check it out!
Ask to see the Ingredients | Whole30 in Disney
First of all, did you know, YOU CAN BRING FOOD INTO DISNEY? Yes, many people think you are not allowed to bring in snacks, but you are. Click the link to read all the rules. This will save you money and calories!
This is the porterhouse from Disney’s Yachtsman Steakhouse in Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, I hear it’s the best steak in Disney! Not a bad way to be Whole30 in Disney!!!
In every disney dining establishment (including kiosks and carts) has a big binder with complete ingredient info for every dish. Here you can quickly scan and ask for substitutions. While scanning the ingredients look for: added Sugar, Alcohol, Grains, Legumes(beans, corn, peanuts), Dairy, MSG, any form of Soy.
Most proteins (meat, pork, chicken, fish) at a restuarant will generally be compliant. But just to be sure, always ask about how it is prepared. To stay Whole30 compliant, avoid preparation with butter, canola, corn or soy based oils.
It’s safe to eat any raw veggies and fruits, nuts, meats, eggs and seafood. Your snacks can include unsweetened almond butter with fruits and veggies.
Feel free to eat proteins cooked in compliant oils or grilled. And you’re set! This is nothing to stress over. If you have allergies or a special diet, Disney is the easiest place to eat because they have seen it all and want to cater to your needs! This also goes to Disney Cruise Ships, check out my whole article: The Complete Guide to Disney Cruise Ships
Which popular restaurants have Whole30 Menu’s? NOT Whole30 in Disney
Now let’s look at some cheap common restaurants that are Whole30 safe!
- Subway – Build your own salads but NO meats from Subway are allowed. Best Whole30 Subway Salad
- Chipotle – Chipotle is my absolute FAVORITE place to go on Whole30! You can order a salad bowl and top it with meat, veggies, tomato salsa, and guacamole! AMAZING! Remember no corn salsa, rice, sour cream, or cheese! A great tip is that if you order your bowl without meat the Guac should be FREE!
- Panera Bread – Panera has some great salad options that are Whole30 compliant! Remember to ask for no cheese and use plain olive oil and vinegar for your dressing. On a side note the chicken marinade used has added sugar so make sure to get a salad with Hard-Boiled eggs and avocado for your protein and energy! Here is the full secret WHOLE30 menu at Panera!
- Five Guys – Yes, Five Guys burgers are compliant! As long as you order it with NO BUN. Get a double patty, no cheese or ketchup. Top it with lettuce, mustard, tomato, onion, grilled onions and you are all set! Click to Read The Perfect Five Guys Whole30 Order
- Ruby Tuesdays – Salad bar is your best friend! Many dinner restaraunts have a salad bar option. Order a grilled chicken breast or steak to have with your salad and ENJOY.
- Chili’s, Applebees and Fridays – Look for steak and chicken. Make sure to order them unseasoned and get a side of steamed veggies. Click to read the full Whole30 compliant menu at Chilis! and read the Guide to Applebee’s Whole30
Have a wonderful vacation. I hope this helped you plan your trip to Disney and stay Whole30 in Disney!