There’s something happening to our lifestyles these days, and whether it’s because the cost of living has meant that we are spending less money on frivolous items, or because we are finally seeing the light when it comes to clutter, we are all doing things very differently today than we used to. Most people move into a life of minimalism because they’ve seen it trending on Instagram or they maybe have read Marie Kondo’s famous book about the life changing magic of tidying up.
Decluttering and organization is important in your home, but junk removal can take some time, especially if you are a little bit of a hoarder and your garage is overflowing. Everything that has some value in your life and everything that makes you happy is free. That doesn’t mean that we don’t want things around. Material things are a big distraction, and they can make us feel like we are surrounded with noise. They say that a decluttered mind is a clear and happy one, but what about your space in which you live? Here are some of the reasons you should choose minimalism.
- You can spend more time on things that are important. Nobody wants to spend their time cleaning if they don’t have to, and life is so important and too important to waste on tidying up! material things are consumed, ruined and degraded overtime, but there are other things in life that never do that. Your life is going to be far better lived if you are pursuing things such as awareness and compassion and having fewer things around you. If you don’t like to have a cluttered and untidy home, the best thing to do is to remove it.
- There is far less stress. When you have less to worry about, your thoughts are freer and more orderly. This improves your mental clarity and ensures that you are more relaxed when you go home. When you are spending all of your time in the office, you want to be able to go home to a relaxed environment, and you cannot do that if it’s overcrowded with clutter.
- You no longer waste resources. Your time, energy and attention do not need to be spent on cleaning your home with a toothbrush. Cleaning less, washing less, repairing less, organizing less and throwing away less is all a good thing and you will no longer waste your resources of time and energy. That minimalistic approach you’ve been seeking can help you to save all of those things and put money back into your wallet, too.
- you gain more space. You require space both physical and temporal to be able to live a fuller life. As the world around you moves so quickly, finding space and time to reflect on it can be hard. Owning less can help you to free up the space that is used to examine life and make sure that you are living it to the complete fullest.
- You get more flexibility. If you like to move around a lot and you don’t like to put down roots, then you may enjoy a life of minimalism because you have far more flexibility to change things as you please. Freedom to change and improve is important, so sloughing off all of that clutter every time you move doesn’t even have to be a job that you do anymore, because you only need to do it once.