Summer is pretty much over, which means that fall and winter aren’t too far away. And with the end of summer comes the packing away of your sandals, flip flops, and maxi dresses. And bringing out your coats, cardigans, and ankle boots; layering up for the cooler weather. But layering up doesn’t mean that you have to dress frumpy. You can still look stylish in the cold weather, as well as be comfortable and keeping warm.
So what are the essentials for your fall and winter wardrobe? Here are the things you need for a fall capsule wardrobe; is there anything else that you would add to the list?
- Skinny Jeans: jeans are an essential for every day. But even more so for winter as they can streamline your silhouette, even if you’re wearing chunky knits. Plus, they are the perfect thing to wear when you’ve got your ankle booties on, a cosy sheepskin or felt boot, as well as rain boots. You don’t want the jeans to sag around your ankles, so skinnies are a must.
- Cashmere Sweater: There is just something about a cashmere sweater that gives you a relaxed but stylish look. It can also be dressed up or dressed down, and layered with a trench coat, snood, shirt, or blazer. They look good with jeans and skirts alike too.
- Fedora: having a beanie hat or a bobble hat can be great when you want to be cosy. But if you are all about looking stylish rather than causal, then going for a felt fedora can be a good way to go in fall. They keep your head warm and make any outfit look amazing.
- Winter Coat: a good coat to see you through the winter months is essential. But choose wisely and choose one that will keep you looking food too. It might be that you go for a faux-fur parka coat, or perhaps a pea coat in a bright color. Whatever you choose, you want it to add to your outfits and make them pop, not drown them out.
- Over Knee Boots: if Ariana Grande’s outfits are anything to go by, then over the knee boots are going to be a big thing over fall and winter. The good news is that they can be styled with skirts and dresses, but can look just as good with a pair of skinny jeans too. So if you think that the look isn’t for you, then think again.
- Blanket Scarf: Having a blanket scarf is a really chic way to add style to your outfit, as well as having the practical side of keeping you toasty warm; the bigger, the better. It can be great over a jacket on especially cold days, but even just draped over your shoulders on days that are only a little cooler.
- Turtleneck Sweater: a top with a turtleneck is a must this winter. It will keep you looking stylish and keep you warm in equal measure. It works with skirts, and under dresses, as well as with jeans and suit pants.
*This is a contributed post.