What to expect
Disney World in December
Weather: December high temperature is 73 degrees, and the average low is 53.
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays. Each country pavilion’s holiday celebrations are shared through joyful music and time-honored traditions. Cast members are so excited to share their traditions.
- The Candlelight Processional. This is a seasonal event that takes place at the America pavilion inside Epcot. This beautiful show consists of a celebrity reading the biblical Christmas story and a large choir singing Christmas carols with a live orchestra. IT’s very reverent and churchy.
- “Galactic Nights”. This Star Wars themed night was held on December 16th last year. It’s from 7pm – midnight. They encourage you to dress as your favorite star wars character. While celebrating all things star wars they have multiple events planned. A large panel discussion takes place in the Epic Theaters. There are multiple star wars photo ops throughout the park. There are stage shows and fireworks spectaculars that are enhanced with special elements. Tickets cost $137 for adults and $132 for kids. For more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/star-wars-galactic-nights/
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. There Christmas themed menus at certain restaurants on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. See them here: https://www.tripsavvy.com/christmas-dinner-disney-world-1514337
- Christmas Day there are church services held in the Fantasia Ballroom at the Contemporary Resort. Catholic Mass will be held at 8:00 am and 10:00 am. A Protestant service will been held at 9:00 am.
- Christmas Day is a popular day inside Disney due to the parade that is broadcasted on ABC. Be forewarned that it’s probable the park will reach capacity at around 11am and not allow further guests to enter.
- New Years Eve: Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios all stay open late on New Year’s Eve and offer extra entertainment, usually including live performances, extra parades and fireworks.
- New Years Eve Barbeque at The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness
Resort. This is one way to ring in the new years with a BBQ feats, love entertainment and fun activities. For $95(adults) or $75(children) you can enjoy mouthwatering barbeque, live music, character meet and greets, and a glass of champagne as you watch the fireworks. Festivities begin at 8:30pm. For more info: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/cabins-at-fort-wilderness-resort/mickeys-backyard-barbeque/
Overall, December is a festive and fun time to visit Disney World. Just the view on Main Street is enough to put you in the holiday spirit! This is the month that is filled with special holidays and VIP ticketed events. It’s an entertaining season but a crowded one. There will be long lines and wait times. It’s worth it if you have a sprinkle of patience and pixie dust.